WP-Forum plugin for Wordpress page_id index.php SQL injection
|wpforum-index-sql-injection (39800)||Medium Risk|
The WP-Forum plugin for Wordpress is vulnerable to SQL injection. If "showprofile" is selected as the "formaction" setting and "page_id" is set to a page with the "<!--WPFORUM-->" tag, a remote attacker with knowledge of the database table prefix could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the user parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- WordPress Web site: WP-Forum Plugin.
- BID-27362: WordPress Plugin WP-Forum SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0388: SQL injection vulnerability in the WP-Forum 1.7.4 plugin for WordPress allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the user parameter in a showprofile action to the default URI.
- OSVDB ID: 40378: WP-Forum Plugin for WordPress index.php user Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 52211: WordPress Forum showprofile Function user Parameter SQL Injection
- SA28567: WordPress WP-Forum Plugin "user" SQL Injection
- WordPress WP-Forum plugin for WordPress 1.7.4
Jan 19, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.