AXIGEN Mail Server AXIMilter module format string
|axigen-aximilter-format-string (39803)||High Risk|
AXIGEN Mail Server could allow a remote attacker from within the local network to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a format string vulnerability in the AXIMilter module during the parsing of mail data. By sending specially-crafted data containing format specifiers to a specific TCP port, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability and possibly execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system and cause a denial of service.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Upgrade to the latest version of AXIGEN Mail Server (5.0.2 build 2 or later), available from the AXIGEN Web site. See References.
- AXIGEN Web site: Downloads.
- SecurityFocus Web site: AXIGEN 5.0.x AXIMilter Format String Exploit.
- BID-27363: Axigen AXIMilter Filtering Module Remote Format String Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0434: Format string vulnerability in the AXIMilter module in AXIGEN Mail Server 5.0.2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via format string specifiers in the CNHO command.
- OSVDB ID: 40486: AXIGEN Mail Server AXIMilter CNHO Command Remote Format String
- SA28562: AXIGEN Mail Server AXIMilter Format String Vulnerability
- Gecad Technologies AXIGEN Mail Server 5.0.2
Jan 20, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.