IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment logging function buffer overflow
|tivoli-provisioning-logging-bo (39819)||High Risk|
IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the logging function of the Web server component. By sending an overly large HTTP request, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM privileges or cause the server to crash.
Apply the latest Fix Pack for IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment (Interim Fix 3, 220.127.116.11 or later), available from the IBM Support & downloads Web site. See References.
- IBM Support & downloads: Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment 5.1.0-TIV-TPMOSD-IF0003.
- iDefense PUBLIC ADVISORY: 01.22.08: IBM Tivoli PMfOSD HTTP Request Method Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-27387: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0401: Buffer overflow in the logging functionality of the HTTP server in IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment (TPMfOSD) before 18.104.22.168 Interim Fix 3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via an HTTP request with a long method string to port 443/tcp.
- OSVDB ID: 40481: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager OS Deployment HTTP Server Logging Functionality Remote Overflow
- SA28604: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment HTTP Server Buffer Overflow
- SECTRACK ID: 1019249: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment Buffer Overflow Lets Remote Users Deny Service and Potentially Execute Arbitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#158609: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment (TPMfOSD) allows buffer overflow via HTTP request
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0239: IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment Denial of Service
- IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager OS Deployment 22.214.171.124
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Jan 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this