IBM WebSphere Business Modeler repository weak security
|websphere-repository-weak-security (39830)||Medium Risk|
IBM WebSphere Business Modeler could provide weaker than expected security. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability to delete arbitrary data from a restricted repository.
Apply the latest Fix Pack for IBM WebSphere Business Modeler (Interim Fix 11, 18.104.22.168 or later), available from IBM Support & downloads Web site. See References.
- IBM APAR JR28175: INDEXOUTOFBOUNDSEXCEPTION: WHEN PERFORMING AUTO-LAYOUT LEFT TO RIGHT FOR AN EMPTY PROCESS DIAGRAM IN SWIM LANE LAYOUT..
- IBM Support & downloads: WebSphere Business Modeler Basic V22.214.171.124 Interim Fix 11.
- BID-27389: IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Repository Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0402: Unspecified vulnerability in IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Basic and Advanced 126.96.36.199 before Interim Fix 11 allows remote authenticated users to bypass intended access restrictions and delete unspecified repository resources via unknown vectors, even when they are not administrators or members of the repository's owning group.
- OSVDB ID: 41627: IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Unspecified Repository Restriction Bypass
- SA28586: IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Repository Deletion Security Issue
- SECTRACK ID: 1019252: IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Lets Remote Authenticated Users Delete Repository Objects
- IBM WebSphere Business Modeler 188.8.131.52
Jan 17, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.