Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi cp06_wifi_m_nocifr.cgi cross-site request forgery
|alicegate2pluswifi-cp06wifimnocifr-csrf (39831)||Medium Risk|
Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi is vulnerable to a cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the cp06_wifi_m_nocifr.cgi script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL request to disable wireless encryption and possibly perform other arbitrary tasks.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 21 2008 - 07:41:58 CST : Flaw in Alice gate2 pluswifi adsl modem.
- TELECOM ITALIA Web site: Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi.
- BID-27374: Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi Router Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-7165: Cross-site request forgery in cp06_wifi_m_nocifr.cgi in the administrator panel in TELECOM ITALIA Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that disable Wi-Fi encryption via certain values for the wlChannel and wlRadioEnable parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 40739: Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi cp06_wifi_m_nocifr.cgi CSRF
- SA28618: Alice Gate2 Plus Wi-Fi Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- TELECOM ITALIA Alice Gate 2 Plus Wi-Fi router
Jan 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.