Web Wiz NewsPad RTE_file_browser.asp directory traversal
|newspad-rte-directory-traversal (39863)||Medium Risk|
Web Wiz NewsPad could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the RTE_file_browser.asp script containing multiple backslash and dot sequences (\\\.....\\\) in the sub parameter to view arbitrary directories and files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Web Wiz NewsPad (1.03 or later), available from the Web Wiz Web site. See References.
- Web Wiz Web site: Web Wiz NewsPad.
- Web Wiz Web site: Web Wiz NewsPad - Free eNewsletter Software Download:.
- BID-27419: Multiple Web Wiz Products Remote Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0479: Directory traversal vulnerability in RTE_file_browser.asp in Web Wiz NewsPad 1.02 allows remote attackers to list arbitrary directories, and .txt and .zip files, via a .....\\\ in the sub parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 40488: Web Wiz NewsPad RTE_file_browser.asp sub Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA28416: Web Wiz NewsPad "sub" Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1019268: Web Wiz NewsPad Input Validation Flaw in 'FolderName' Parameter Lets Remote Users Traverse the Directory
- BDC Enterprises Web Wiz Newspad 1.02
Jan 23, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.