Tiger PHP News System index.php SQL injection
|tigerphpnewssystem-index-sql-injection (39908)||Medium Risk|
Tiger PHP News System is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the catid parameter, which would allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information, including the administrator's hashed password, and add, modify or delete data in the backend database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Tiger PHP News System (1.0 beta build 63 or later), available from the Tiger PHP News System Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 24 2008 - 10:41:40 CST : Tiger PHP News System SQL Injection.
- Tiger Php News System News, 2008-03-04 00:24:04: CVE-2008-0469 fixed.
- Tiger PHP News System Web site: Tiger PHP News System.
- BID-27445: Tiger Php News System 'catid' Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0469: SQL injection vulnerability in index.php in Tiger Php News System (TPNS) 1.0b and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the catid parameter in a newscat action.
- OSVDB ID: 40539: Tiger Php News System index.php catid Parameter SQL Injection
- SA28641: Tiger Php News System "catid" SQL Injection
- Tiger PHP News System Tiger PHP News System 0.9.2
Jan 24, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.