ManageEngine Applications Manager checks security bypass
|manageengine-checks-security-bypass (39915)||Medium Risk|
ManageEngine Applications Manager could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a failure to check authentication in certain pages. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass authentication and modify application settings or obtain sensitive information.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Adventnet Web site: ManageEngine Applications Manager 8.1.
- BID-27443: ManageEngine Applications Manager Multiple Cross Site Scripting and Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0476: ManageEngine Applications Manager 8.1 build 8100 does not check authentication for monitorType.do and unspecified other pages, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information and change settings via unspecified vectors. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 42044: ManageEngine Applications Manager monitorType.do Remote Security Bypass
- SA28332: ManageEngine Applications Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
- AdventNet ManageEngine Applications Manager 8.1_build_8100
Jan 24, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.