ImageShack Toolbar ImageShackToolbar.dll ActiveX control information disclosure
|toolbar-imageshacktoolbar-info-disclosure (39921)||Low Risk|
The ImageShack Toolbar ActiveX (ImageShackToolbar.dll) control could allow a remote attacker to view arbitrary files on the system when the file location is known, caused by insecure use of the BuildSlideShow method. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to view arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 24 2008 - 02:57:09 CST: ImageShack Toolbar FileUploader Class insecurities.
- ImageShack Web site: ImageShack.
- BID-27439: ImageShack Toolbar 'ImageShackToolbar.dll' ActiveX Control Insecure Method Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4549: The ImageShack Toolbar ActiveX control (ImageShackToolbar.dll) in ImageShack Toolbar 4.5.7, possibly including 126.96.36.199, allows remote attackers to force the upload of arbitrary image files to the ImageShack site via a file: URI argument to the BuildSlideShow method.
- OSVDB ID: 40628: ImageShack Toolbar ActiveX (ImageShackToolbar.dll) BuildSlideShow Method Arbitrary Image File Upload
- SA28644: ImageShack Toolbar FileUploader Class ActiveX Control "BuildSlideShow()" Insecure Method
- ImageShack ImageShack Toolbar 4.5.7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
Jan 24, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.