WoltLab Burning Board index.php cross-site request forgery
|wbb-index-csrf (39990)||Medium Risk|
WoltLab Burning Board is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the by the inde.php script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to delete private messages. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 26 2008 - 17:23:28 CST : WoltLab Burning Board 3.x.x Private Message Delete XSRF Vulnerability.
- WoltLab Burning Board Web site: WoltLab GmbH | Products | Burning Board | Overview.
- CVE-2008-7192: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in index.php in WoltLab Burning Board (wBB) 3.0.1, and possibly other 3.x versions, allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of users for requests that delete private messages via the pmID parameter in a delete action in a PM page, a different vulnerability than CVE-2008-0472.
- WoltLab WoltLab Burning Board 3.0.1
Jan 26, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.