Tripwire Enterprise login page cross-site scripting
|tripwire-login-xss (40016)||Medium Risk|
Tripwire Enterprise is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input passed to the web management login page. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unknown parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Tripwire Enterprise (7.0.1 or later), available from the Tripwire Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:16:09 -0800 (PST): Advisory: Tripwire Enterprise/Server XSS Vulnerability.
- Tripwire Web site: Tripwire Enterprise/Server Management Web Interface.
- BID-27486: Tripwire Enterprise Login Page Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0578: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the web management login page in Tripwire Enterprise 7.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 40847: Tripwire Enterprise Web Management Login Page XSS
- SA28687: Tripwire Enterprise Login Page Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1019279: Tripwire Enterprise Input Validation Hole Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0372: Tripwire Enterprise Web Management Login Page Cross Site Scripting
- Tripwire Tripwire Enterprise 7.0 and prior
Jan 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.