PHPKIT include.php cross-site request forgery
|phpkit-include-csrf (40033)||Medium Risk|
PHPKIT is vulnerable to a cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the include.php script. By persuading a victim with administrative privileges to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to cause the victim to modify the password and possibly perform other arbitrary administrative tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 29 2008 - 10:14:34 CST : PHPKIT 1.6.4 PL1 2 XSRF Vulnerabilities.
- PHPKIT Web site: PHPKIT Web Content Management System.
- CVE-2008-7193: PHPKIT 1.6.4 PL1 includes the session ID in the URL, which allows remote attackers to conduct cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks by reading the PHPKITSID parameter from the HTTP Referer and using it in a request to (1) modify the user profile via upload_files/include.php or (2) create a new administrator via upload_files/pk/include.php.
- OSVDB ID: 50998: PHPKIT upload_files/include.php Multiple Action CSRF
- PHPKIT PHPKIT 1.6.4 pl1
Jan 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.