SoftCart SoftCart.exe cross-site scripting
|softcart-softcart-xss (40061)||Medium Risk|
SoftCart is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the SoftCart.exe application. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the License_Plate, License_State, Ticket_Date, or Ticket_Number parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Mercantec Web site: SoftCart.
- BID-27524: Mercantec SoftCart Multiple Parameters Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0523: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in SoftCart.exe in SoftCart 188.8.131.52 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) License_Plate, (2) License_State, (3) Ticket_Date, and (4) Ticket_Number parameters. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 40775: SoftCart SoftCart.exe Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA28675: SoftCart Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Mercantec SoftCart 184.108.40.206
Jan 30, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.