Sun Solaris Internet Protocol denial of service
|solaris-ip-dos (40473)||Medium Risk|
Sun Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the Internet Protocol implementation. By sending specially-crafted packets, a remote authenticated attacker could bypass the firewall security policies and cause the system to panic.
Denial of Service
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 200183 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sun Alert ID: 200183: Security Vulnerability May Allow Firewall Compromise or Creation of Denial of Service (DoS) Condition.
- BID-27967: Sun Solaris Internet Protocol 'ip(7P)' Security Bypass and Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1095: Unspecified vulnerability in the Internet Protocol (IP) implementation in Sun Solaris 8, 9, and 10 allows remote attackers to bypass intended firewall policies or cause a denial of service (panic) via unknown vectors, possibly related to ICMP packets and IP fragment reassembly.
- OSVDB ID: 42155: Solaris ip(7P) Crafted Packets Firewall Security Policy Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 42156: Solaris ip(7P) Crafted Packets Remote DoS
- SA29100: Sun Solaris Firewall Security Bypass and Denial of Service
- SA29379: Avaya CMS Solaris Firewall Security Bypass and Denial of Service
- Sun Solaris 10 x86
- Sun Solaris 10 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 8 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 8 x86
- Sun Solaris 9 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 9 x86
Feb 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.