4xem VatCtrl Class ActiveX Control (VATDecoder.dll) buffer overflow
|4xem-vatdecoder-activex-bo (40864)||High Risk|
4xem VatCtrl Class ActiveX Control (VATDecoder.dll) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes overly long arguments, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- 4XEM Web site: 4XEM.
- BID-28010: Various IP Security Camera ActiveX Controls 'url' Attribute Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4771: Stack-based buffer overflow in VATDecoder.VatCtrl.1 ActiveX control in (1) 4xem VatCtrl Class (VATDecoder.dll 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124), (2) D-Link MPEG4 SHM Audio Control (VAPGDecoder.dll 126.96.36.199), (3) Vivotek RTSP MPEG4 SP Control (RtspVapgDecoderNew.dll 188.8.131.52), and possibly other products, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long Url property. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 42287: 4XEM VatDecoder VATDecoder.VatCtrl ActiveX (VATDecoder.dll) Url Property Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 42378: RTSP MPEG4 SP Control RtspVaPgCtrl ActiveX (RtspVapgDecoderNew.dll) Url Property Overflow Arbitrary Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 43007: D-Link MPEG4 SHM (Audio) Control VAPgDecoder.VaPgCtrl.1 ActiveX (VAPGDecoder.dll) Url Property Overflow
- SA29131: D-Link MPEG4 SHM (Audio) Control ActiveX Control "Url" Property Buffer Overflow
- SA29145: RTSP MPEG4 SP Control ActiveX Control "Url" Property Buffer Overflow
- SA29146: 4XEM VatDecoder VatCtrl Class ActiveX Control "Url" Property Buffer Overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0685: 4XEM VatDecoder ActiveX Url Property Remote Buffer Overflow Issue
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0686: RTSP MPEG4 SP Control Url Property Remote Buffer Overflow Issue
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0687: D-Link MPEG4 SHM Control Url Property Buffer Overflow Issue
- 4xem 4xem VatCtrl Class 184.108.40.206
Feb 26, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.