Adobe ColdFusion User-Agent cross-site scripting
|adobe-coldfusion-useragent-xss (41144)||Medium Risk|
Adobe ColdFusion with Windows IIS 6 installed is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when handling the User-Agent HTTP header. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to APSB08-06 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB08-06: Update available for potential ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8 Cross Site Scripting security issue.
- BID-28205: Adobe ColdFusion Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0643: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Adobe ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 42777: Adobe ColdFusion Unspecified XSS
- OSVDB ID: 42998: Adobe ColdFusion Unspecified XSS
- SA29332: Adobe ColdFusion Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1019589: Adobe ColdFusion Input Validation Hole in Some CGI Parameters Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0
- Macromedia ColdFusion 7.0
Mar 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.