Adobe ColdFusion administrator interface brute force
|coldfusion-interface-brute-force (41150)||Low Risk|
Adobe ColdFusion could allow a remote attacker to perform a brute force attack, caused by a design error in the administrator interface. Failed login attempts are not logged. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using brute force techniques to hide login attempts to the interface.
Refer to APSB08-08 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB08-08: Update available for ColdFusion MX 7 and ColdFusion 8 logs invalid admin interface log-in attempts.
- BID-28207: Adobe ColdFusion Administration Interface Failed Login Audit Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1203: The administrator interface for Adobe ColdFusion 8 and ColdFusion MX7 does not log failed authentication attempts, which makes it easier for remote attackers to conduct brute force attacks without detection.
- OSVDB ID: 42997: Adobe ColdFusion Admin Interface Failed Login Logging Weakness
- SA29332: Adobe ColdFusion Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1019600: Adobe ColdFusion Does Not Audit Failed Login Attempts
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0
- Macromedia ColdFusion 7.0
Mar 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.