VMware multiple products DHCP unspecified denial of service
|vmware-dhcp-unspecified-dos (41254)||Medium Risk|
Multiple VMware products are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified error in the DHCP service. A local authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors to crash the service.
Denial of Service
Refer to VMSA-2008-0005 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- VMSA-2008-0005: Several critical security vulnerabilities have been addressed in the newest releases of VMware's hosted product line..
- BID-28276: VMware Server 1.0.5 and Workstation 6.0.3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- BID-28289: VMware Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-1364: Unspecified vulnerability in the DHCP service in VMware Workstation 5.5.x before 5.5.6, VMware Player 1.0.x before 1.0.6, VMware ACE 1.0.x before 1.0.5, VMware Server 1.0.x before 1.0.5, and VMware Fusion 1.1.x before 1.1.1 allows attackers to cause a denial of service.
- OSVDB ID: 43900: VMware Multiple Products DHCP Service Unspecified DoS
- SA29412: VMware Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA29413: VMware Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1019623: VMware Unspecified DHCP Bug Lets Users Deny Service
- EMC VMware Player 1.0.2
- EMC VMware Player 1.0.3
- EMC VMware Player 1.0.4
- EMC VMware Player 1.0.5
- EMC VMware Player 2.0
- EMC VMware Player 2.0.1
- EMC VMware Player 2.0.2
- VMware ACE 1.0
- VMware ACE 2.0
- VMware Server 1.0.2
- VMware Server 1.0.3
- VMware Server 1.0.4
- VMware Workstation 5.5
- VMware Workstation 5.5.3_build_34685
- VMware Workstation 5.5.3_build_42958
- VMware Workstation 5.5.4
- VMware Workstation 5.5.4_build_44386
- VMware Workstation 5.5.5
- VMware Workstation 6.0
- VMware Workstation 6.0.1
- VMware Workstation 6.0.2
Mar 17, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.