Webutil webutil.pl shell command execution
|webutil-shell-command-execution (41400)||High Risk|
The Puppet Master Webutil could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the webutil.pl script. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request to inject and execute malicious shell commands via shell metacharacters in the dig command with the privileges of the Web server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Mar 21 2008 - 12:08:36 CDT: webutil.pl is still vulnerable against Remote Command Execution..
- WebUtil Web page: Perl :: WebUtil.
- BID-28393: Webutil 'webutil.pl' Multiple Remote Command Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6555: cgi-bin/webutil.pl in The Puppet Master WebUtil allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the dig command.
- OSVDB ID: 51181: Webutil webutil.pl Arbitrary Command Execution
- Puppet Master WebUtil 2.3
- Puppet Master WebUtil 2.7
Mar 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this