Jax LinkLists jax_linklists.php cross-site scripting
|jax-jaxlinklists-xss (41573)||Medium Risk|
Jax LinkLists is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the jax_linklists.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the cat parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Jax LinkLists Web site: Jax LinkLists.
- BID-28518: Jack (tR) Jax LinkLists 'jax_linklists.php' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6562: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in jax_linklists.php in Jack (tR) Jax LinkLists 1.00 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the cat parameter. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 18581: Jax LinkLists jax_linklists.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- Jax Scripting Jax LinkLists 1.0
Mar 31, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this