Ubercart module for Drupal orders cross-site scripting
|ubercart-orders-xss (41624)||Medium Risk|
Ubercart module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the address or order information text fields to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2008-023 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-023: Ubercart - Cross site scripting.
- CVE-2008-1916: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Ubercart 5.x before 5.x-1.0-rc1 module for Drupal allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via text fields intended for the (1) address and (2) order information, which are later displayed on the order view page and unspecified other administrative pages, a different vulnerability than CVE-2008-1428.
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1083: Drupal Ubercart Module Orders Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Ubercart Module for Drupal 5.x prior to 5.x-1.0-rc1
Apr 02, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.