Opera HTML CANVAS code execution
|opera-htmlcanvas-code-execution (41627)||High Risk|
Opera could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a memory corruption error when handling HTML CANVAS elements. By persuading a victim to visit a Web site containing a specially-crafted image scaling script, a remote attacker could execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to Opera Software Knowledge Base Article 882 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Opera Software Knowledge Base Article 882: Advisory: Resized canvas patterns can cause Opera to execute arbitrary code.
- BID-28585: Opera Web Browser 9.26 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-1762: Opera before 9.27 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted scaled image pattern in an HTML CANVAS element, which triggers memory corruption.
- GLSA-200804-14: Opera: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 44031: Opera HTML CANVAS Element Scaled Pattern Image Handling DoS
- SA29662: Opera Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1084: Opera Browser Multiple Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- Gentoo Linux
- Opera Opera Browser prior to 9.27
Apr 03, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.