Parallels Virtuozzo Containers file manager cross-site request forgery
|virtuozzo-file-manager-csrf (41640)||Medium Risk|
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers are vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the file manager in the VZPP interface. By persuading a victim logged into VZPP to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed POST request using an IMG tag to cause the victim to perform file management actions or the path parameter to change the system configuration and other arbitrary tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Apr 02 2008 - 17:01:04 CDT: Parallels virtuozzo's VZPP multiple csrf vulnerabilities.
- Parallels Web site: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers.
- BID-28589: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers VZPP Interface File Manger Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-6478: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the file manager in the VZPP web interface for Parallels Virtuozzo 365.6.swsoft (build 4.0.0-365.6.swsoft) and 25.4.swsoft (build 3.0.0-25.4.swsoft) allows remote attackers to create and delete arbitrary files as the administrator via a link or IMG tag to (1) create-file and (2) list-control in vz/cp/vzdir/infrman/envs/files/; or modify system configuration via the path parameter to vz/cp/vzdir/infrman/envs/files/index.
- OSVDB ID: 44395: Parallels Virtuozzo VZPP /files/index File Manager CSRF
- SA29675: Parallels Power Panel Cross-Site Request Forgeries
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 3.0.0-25.4.swsoft
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers 4.0.0-365.6.swsoft
Apr 02, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.