Xitami Server Side Includes (SSI) logging code execution
|xitami-ssi-logging-code-execution (41645)||High Risk|
Xitami could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a format string error when logging Server Side Includes (SSI) requests. By sending a specially-crafted URI that ends in .ssi, .shtm, or .shtml, an attacker could execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Bratax Security Advisory B013: Xitami Web Server v2.5c2 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Xitami Web site: Xitami.
- BID-28603: iMatix Xitami Multiple Format String Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6520: Multiple format string vulnerabilities in the SSI filter in Xitami Web Server 2.5c2, and possibly other versions, allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via format string specifiers in a URI that ends in (1) .ssi, (2) .shtm, or (3) .shtml, which triggers incorrect logging code involving the sendfmt function in the SMT kernel.
- OSVDB ID: 52951: Xitami Web Server Server Side Includes (SSI) Request Processing Remote Format String
- iMatix Xitami 2.5c2
Apr 03, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.