Adobe ColdFusion CFC methods security bypass
|adobe-coldfusion-cfc-security-bypass (41720)||Medium Risk|
Adobe ColdFusion could allow a remote attacker to bypass CFC method security restrictions when the access level is set to public. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using Flex 2 remoting to gain access to functions intended for local use only.
Refer to APSB08-12 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB08-12: Update available for ColdFusion 8 CFC method access level issue.
- BID-28698: Adobe ColdFusion CFC Method Access Level Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1656: Adobe ColdFusion 8 and 8.0.1 does not properly implement the public access level for CFC methods, which allows remote attackers to invoke these methods via Flex 2 remoting, a different vulnerability than CVE-2006-4725.
- OSVDB ID: 44280: Adobe ColdFusion Flex2 Remoting CFC Methods Access Security Bypass
- SA29748: Adobe ColdFusion CFC Methods Access Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1019806: Adobe ColdFusion Lets Remote Users Access CFC Methods
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0.1
- Adobe Flex 2
Apr 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.