Openfire ConnectionManagerImpl.java denial of service
|openfire-connectionmanagerimpljava-dos (41744)||Medium Risk|
Ignite Realtime Openfire is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in ConnectionManagerImpl.java. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via outgoing queues with unread messages to crash the service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Openfire (3.5.0 or later), available from the Ignite Realtime Web site. See References.
- #JM-1289: Fix DoS attack that could bring the server down.
- Ignite Realtime Website: Ignite Realtime: Downloads.
- BID-28722: Openfire Unspecified Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1728: ConnectionManagerImpl.java in Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.4.5 allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (daemon outage) by triggering large outgoing queues without reading messages.
- GLSA-200804-26: Openfire: Denial of Service
- OSVDB ID: 44268: Ignite Realtime Openfire ConnectionManagerImpl.java Queue Handling Remote DoS
- SA29751: Openfire Unspecified Denial of Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1188: Openfire Unspecified Data Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Gentoo Linux
- Ignite Realtime Openfire 3.4.5
Apr 10, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.