Nortel Communication Server multiple default accounts and passwords
|nortel-account-default-password (41802)||High Risk|
Nortel Communication Server contains multiple default passwords for various unspecified accounts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain write access to the affected device.
Refer to NORTEL BULLETIN ID: 2008008764, Rev 1 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- NORTEL BULLETIN ID: 2008008764, Rev 1: Nortel: Technical Support: Nortel response to VoIP potential security vulnerabilities in CS 1000.
- VoIP Security Advisory: CS1000 Multiple Hardcoded Passwords.
- BID-28691: Nortel Networks Communication Server 1000 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6577: Nortel MG1000S, Signaling Server, and Call Server on the Communications Server 1000 (CS1K) 4.50.x contain multiple unspecified hard-coded accounts and passwords, which allows remote attackers to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 44374: Nortel Networks Communication Server 1000 Multiple Default Hardcoded Accounts
- SA29747: Nortel Networks Communication Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1019848: Nortel Communication Server Default Passwords Let Remote Users Access the System
- Nortel CS1000 4.5
Apr 10, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.