MoinMoin userform security bypass
|moinmoin-userform-security-bypass (41909)||Medium Risk|
MoinMoin could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error during userform processing. If ACL entries other than "Known:" or "All:" are used or the superuser list is not empty, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass ACL security restrictions and gain superuser privileges on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of MoinMoin (1.6.3 or later), available from the MoinMoin Web site. See References.
- MoinMoin SecurityFixes Web site: Security Fix Announcements, moin 1.6.2.
- MoinMoin Web site: MoinMoinDownload.
- BID-28869: MoinMoin Multiple ACL Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-1937: The user form processing (userform.py) in MoinMoin before 1.6.3, when using ACLs or a non-empty superusers list, does not properly manage users, which allows remote attackers to gain privileges.
- GLSA-200805-09: MoinMoin: Privilege escalation
- OSVDB ID: 44613: MoinMoin userform.py User Management Remote Privilege Escalation
- OSVDB ID: 48875: MoinMoin acl_hierarchic ACL Processing Weakness
- SA29894: MoinMoin Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- Gentoo Linux
- MoinMoin MoinMoin 1.6.0
- MoinMoin MoinMoin 1.6.1
- MoinMoin MoinMoin 1.6.2
Apr 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.