Acidcat CMS email security bypass
|acidcat-email-security-bypass (41921)||Medium Risk|
Acidcat CMS could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper restrictions of the default_mail_aspemail.asp, default_mail_cdosys.asp or the default_mail_jmail.asp scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and send unauthorized email messages to arbitrary email addresses.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Acidcat CMS Web site: Acidcat ASP CMS.
- BID-28868: Acidcat CMS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-1992: Acidcat CMS 3.4.1 does not properly restrict access to (1) default_mail_aspemail.asp, (2) default_mail_cdosys.asp or (3) default_mail_jmail.asp, which allows remote attackers to bypass restrictions and relay email messages with modified From, FromName, and To fields.
- OSVDB ID: 44583: Acidcat CMS default_mail_aspemail.asp Security Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 44870: Acidcat CMS default_mail_cdosys.asp Security Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 44871: Acidcat CMS default_mail_jmail.asp Security Bypass
- SA29916: Acidcat CMS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Acidcat ASP CMS Acidcat CMS 3.4.1
Apr 20, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.