MJGUEST redirect.htm.php security bypass
|mjguest-redirecthtm-security-bypass (42130)||Medium Risk|
MJGUESTcould allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper validation of redirection resources by the redirect.htm.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the goto parameter in a redirect action to construct a malicious URL which would redirect a victim to an arbitrary Web site, once the site is visited, possibly allowing other attacks to be launched on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 01 2008 - 12:59:23 CDT: mjguest 6.7 (ALL VERSION) Xss & Redirection Vuln.
- mdsjack Web site: MJGUEST.
- CVE-2008-2268: Open redirect vulnerability in interface/redirect.htm.php in Mjguest 6.7 GT Rev.01 allows user-assisted remote attackers to redirect users to arbitrary web sites and conduct phishing attacks via a URL in the goto parameter in a redirect action to mjguest.php. NOTE: this is user-assisted because there is a delay and a notification before redirection occurs.
- OSVDB ID: 45387: Mjguest interface/redirect.htm.php goto Variable Arbitrary Site Redirect
- mdsjack MJGUEST 6.7 GT
May 01, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.