cpLinks index.php and search.php SQL injection
|cplinks-index-search-sql-injection (42170)||Medium Risk|
cpLinks is vulnerable to SQL injection. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php and search.php scripts using the admin_username, search_text or the search_category parameter, which could allow the attacker to gain unauthorized access to the administrative section and view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- cpLinks Web site: cpLinks - a free commercial grade links directory script.
- BID-29035: cpLinks Multiple SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2180: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in cpLinks 1.03, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) admin_username parameter (aka the username field) to admin/index.php and the (2) search_text and (3) search_category parameters to search.php. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 44788: cpLinks admin/index.php admin_username Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 44789: cpLinks search.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- SA30024: cpLinks Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CMG Technologies cpLinks 1.03
May 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.