IBM Rational Build Forge Build Forge Agent denial of service
|ibmrationalbuild-buildforgeagent-dos (42173)||Medium Risk|
IBM Rational Build Forge is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the Build Forge Agent misinterpreting closed sockets and continuing to retrieve data. By scanning the port, a remote attacker from within the local network could create multiple bfagent processes to cause an infinite loop, resulting in a denial of service.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Denial of Service
Refer to IBM Technote (FAQ) 1303877 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Technote (FAQ) 1303877: Build Forge Agent spawns several bogus processes when a port scanner is in use.
- IBM Web site: Rational Build Forge.
- BID-29036: IBM Rational Build Forge Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2122: IBM Rational Build Forge 7.0.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a port scan, which spawns multiple bfagent server processes that attempt to read data from closed sockets.
- OSVDB ID: 44829: IBM Rational Build Forge Agent Multiple bfagent Processes CPU Consumption Remote DoS
- SA30081: IBM Rational Build Forge Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1019964: IBM Rational Build Forge Port State Error Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- IBM Rational Build Forge 7.0.2
May 02, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.