Maian Uploader index.php and header.php cross-site scripting
|maian-uploader-index-header-xss (42203)||Medium Risk|
Maian Uploader is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php and header.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the keywords, msg_charset, or msg_header9 parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 05 2008 - 08:42:45 CDT: Maian Uploader v4.0 XSS Vulnerabilities.
- Maian Script World Web site: Maian Script World.
- BID-29051: Maian Uploader Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2202: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Maian Uploader 4.0 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) keywords parameter to upload/admin/index.php in a search action, the (2) msg_charset and (3) msg_header9 parameters to admin/inc/header.php, and the (4) keywords parameter to index.php in a search action.
- OSVDB ID: 44901: Maian Uploader index.php keywords Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 44902: Maian Uploader admin/index.php keywords Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 44903: Maian Uploader admin/inc/header.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA30096: Maian Uploader Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Maian Script World Uploader 4.0
May 05, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.