Anserv Auction XL viewfaqs.php SQL injection
|auctionxl-viewfaqs-sql-injection (42214)||Medium Risk|
Anserv Auction XL is vulnerable to SQL injection. If magic_quotes is disabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the viewfaqs.php script using the cat parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the Anserv Auction XL Web site. See References.
- ANSERV Web site: Auction Software & E-Commerce Software in PHP/MYSQL by ANSERV.
- AUCTIONXL Web site: AUCTIONXL.COM --> Auction software, PHP Auction & E-Commerce Software.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 05 2008 - 10:18:14 CDT: [ECHO_ADV_92$2008] Anserv Auction XL (viewfaqs.php cat) Blind Sql Injection Vulnerability.
- BID-29053: AnServ Auction XL 'viewfaqs.php' SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2189: SQL injection vulnerability in viewfaqs.php in AnServ Auction XL allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the cat parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 44796: Auction XL viewfaqs.php cat Parameter SQL Injection
- SA30089: Auction XL "viewfaqs.php" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- Anserv Auction XL
May 05, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.