SuiteLink Service slssvc.exe denial of service
|suitelinkservice-slssvc-dos (42221)||Medium Risk|
SuiteLink Service, as used in multiple Wonderware products, is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in slssvc.exe. By sending an overly long Registration packet to TCP port 5413, a remote attacker could crash the service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of SuiteLink (2.0 Patch 01 or later), available from the Wonderware Web site. See References.
- CORE-2008-0129: Wonderware SuiteLink Denial of Service vulnerability.
- Wonderware Web site: Home.
- BID-28974: Wonderware SuiteLink 'slssvc.exe' Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2005: The SuiteLink Service (aka slssvc.exe) in WonderWare SuiteLink before 2.0 Patch 01, as used in WonderWare InTouch 8.0, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and service shutdown) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a large length value in a Registration packet to TCP port 5413, which causes a memory allocation failure.
- OSVDB ID: 44801: Invensys Wonderware SuiteLink Service (slssvc.exe) Crafted Registration Packet Remote DoS
- SA30063: Invensys Wonderware InTouch SuiteLink Service Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1019966: Wonderware SuiteLink Service Bug Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- US-CERT VU#596268: Wonderware SuiteLink null pointer dereference
- WonderWare InTouch 8.0
- WonderWare SuiteLink 2.0
May 05, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.