NukeET Journal module security bypass
|nukeet-journalmodule-security-bypass (42239)||Medium Risk|
NukeET could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to the system. By modifying specific cookie data, a remote attacker with knowledge of another user's credentials could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and perform arbitrary actions within the Journal Module as another user.
Upgrade to the latest version of NukeET (3.10 or later), available from the NukeET Web site. See References.
- El blog de José Luís Zayas, Mayo 4th, 2008: Múltiples vulnerabilidades en Nuket 3.x.
- BID-29080: Nuke ET Journal Module Security Bypass and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2134: The Journal module in Tru-Zone Nuke ET 3.x allows remote attackers to obtain access to arbitrary user accounts, and alter or delete data, via a modified username in an unspecified cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 44807: Nuke ET Journal Module Cookie Modification Security Bypass
- SA30061: Nuke ET Security Bypass and Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.0
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.1
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.2
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.3
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.4
- TRU-ZONE NukeET 3.9
May 04, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.