e107 submitnews.php cross-site scripting
|e107-submitnews-xss (42248)||Medium Risk|
e107 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the submitnews.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- e107 Web site: Welcome to e107.org!.
- BID-28982: e107 CMS 'submitnews.php' Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-6208: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in submitnews.php in e107 CMS 0.7.11 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) author_name, (2) itemtitle, and (3) item parameters. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 52406: e107 submitnews.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA34109: e107 Multiple Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- e107 e107 0.7.11
Apr 29, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.