HP-UX LDAP unspecified privilege escalation
|hpux-ldap-unspecified-privilege-escalation (42265)||High Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in HP-UX, when running in LDAP mode, could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors to gain unauthorized access to the system.
Refer to HPSBUX02330 SSRT080053 rev.1 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- HP Security Bulletin HPSBUX02330 SSRT080053 rev.1: HP-UX Running LDAP-UX, Local Unauthorized Access.
- ASA-2008-258: HP-UX Running LDAP-UX Local Unauthorized Access (HPSBUX02330)
- BID-29078: HP-UX LDAP-UX Unspecified Local Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1659: Unspecified vulnerability in HP LDAP-UX vB.04.10 through vB.04.15 allows local users to gain privileges via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 44873: HP-UX LDAP-UX Unspecified Local Privilege Escalation
- SA30132: HP-UX LDAP-UX Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1019981: HP-UX LDAP Bug Lets Local Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- HP HP-UX B.11.11
- HP HP-UX B.11.23
- HP HP-UX B.11.31
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.10
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.11
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.12
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.13
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.14
- HP LDAP-UX Integration B.04.15
May 06, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.