TorK Privoxy security bypass
|tork-privoxy-security-bypass (42280)||Medium Risk|
TorK could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by insecure enable-remote-toggle and enable-edit-actions settings on Privoxy during installation. By persuading a victim to visit a Web site containing specially-crafted active content, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass Privoxy filtering or change user defined configuration values via a direct request to the local proxy from the browser.
Upgrade to the latest version of TorK (2.2 or later), available from the TorK Web site. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: TorK, File Release Notes and Changelog, Release Name: TorK-0.22.
- TorK Web page: TorK - Anonymity Online.
- BID-26386: TorK Multiple Privoxy Insecure Default Configuration Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-6723: TorK before 0.22, when running on Windows and Mac OS X, installs Privoxy with a configuration file (config.txt or config) that contains insecure (1) enable-remote-toggle and (2) enable-edit-actions settings, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions and modify configuration.
- OSVDB ID: 48694: TorK Privoxy Config Security Restriction Bypass
- TorK TorK 2.1
Nov 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.