ZyWALL Referer header cross-site scripting
|zywall-referer-xss (42282)||Medium Risk|
ZyWALL is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Referer header in a specially-crafted HTTP GET request to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 08 2008 - 10:12:45 CDT: ZYWALL Referer Header XSS Vulnerability.
- ZyXEL Web site: ZyXEL ZyWALL 100 - Internet Security Gateway for SMB.
- BID-29110: ZyWALL 100 HTTP Referer Header Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2167: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in ZyXEL ZyWALL 100 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Referer header, which is not properly handled in a 404 Error page.
- OSVDB ID: 45044: ZyXEL ZyWALL Web Management Interface Referer HTTP Header XSS
- SA30142: ZyXEL ZyWALL 100 "Referer" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1020000: ZyWALL Input Validation Hole Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1501: Zyxel ZYWall 100 Referer Header Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- ZyXEL ZyWALL 100
May 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.