Phoenix View CMS admin_frame.php cross-site scripting
|phoenixview-adminframe-xss (42314)||Medium Risk|
Phoenix View CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin_frame.php, gbuch.admin.php, links.admin.php, menue.admin.php, news.admin.php and the todo.admin.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the ltarget or conf parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- SourceForge.net: Phönix View CMS.
- BID-29130: Phoenix View CMS 'admin_frame.php' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2533: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Phoenix View CMS Pre Alpha2 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) ltarget parameter to (a) admin/admin_frame.php and the (2) conf parameter to (b) gbuch.admin.php, (c) links.admin.php, (d) menue.admin.php, (e) news.admin.php, and (f) todo.admin.php in admin/module/.
- OSVDB ID: 45990: Phoenix View CMS admin/admin_frame.php ltarget Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 45991: Phoenix View CMS gbuch.admin.php conf Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 45992: Phoenix View CMS links.admin.php conf Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 45993: Phoenix View CMS menue.admin.php conf Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 45994: Phoenix View CMS news.admin.php conf Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 45995: Phoenix View CMS todo.admin.php conf Parameter XSS
- Phoenix View CMS Phoenix View CMS Pre Alpha2
May 09, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.