Cisco Unified Presence Server SIP Proxy denial of service
|cisco-unifiedpresence-sipproxy-dos (42413)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Unified Presence Server is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the SIP Proxy. A remote attacker could exploit this via a TCP port scan to crash the device.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20080514-cup for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20080514-cup: Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco Unified Presence Denial of Service Vulnerabilities.
- BID-29222: Cisco Unified Presence SIP Proxy Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1741: The SIP Proxy (SIPD) service in Cisco Unified Presence before 6.0(3) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (core dump and service interruption) via a TCP port scan, aka Bug ID CSCsj64533.
- OSVDB ID: 45216: Cisco Unified Presence SIP Proxy Service TCP Port Scan Remote DoS
- SA30269: Cisco Unified Presence SIP Proxy Service Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1020023: Cisco Unified Presence Services Can Be Interrupted By Remote Users
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1534: Cisco Unified Presence Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Unified Presence Server 6.0(1)
- Cisco Unified Presence Server 6.0(2)
May 14, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.