ActiveKB admin security bypass
|activekb-admin-security-bypass (42427)||Medium Risk|
ActiveKB could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper checking of authentication credentials which creates an insecure cookie. By setting the cookie to "true", a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized administrative access to the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Interspire Web site: Knowledge Base Software, Knowledge Management Software and Enterprise-Grade Wiki Software.
- BID-29226: ActiveKB 'auth' Cookie Parameter Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2338: Interspire ActiveKB 1.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to gain privileges by setting the auth cookie to true when accessing unspecified scripts in /admin.
- OSVDB ID: 45266: Interspire ActiveKB Admin Interface Crafted Cookie Authentication Bypass
- SA30265: Interspire ActiveKB Admin Interface Cookie Security Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1020035: Interspire ActiveKB Authentication Cookie Lets Remote Users Gain Administrative Access
- Interspire ActiveKB 1.5 and prior
May 14, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.