Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution axengine.exe SQL injection
|symantec-altiris-axengine-sql-injection (42436)||Medium Risk|
Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker on the local network could send specially-crafted SQL statements to TCP port 402 via the axengine.exe process, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to possibly execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM level privileges.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to SYM008-012 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- HP Security Bulletin HPSBMA02369 SSRT080115 rev.1: HP ProLiant Essentials Rapid Deployment Pack (RDP) Running Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution, Remote SQL Injection, Remote or Local Gain Extended Privileges, Local Denial of Service (DoS).
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [11-13-2013]: Symantec Altiris DS SQL Injection.
- Packet Storm Security [11-09-2013]: Symantec Altiris DS SQL Injection.
- SYM008-012 : Altiris Deployment Solution Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- ZDI-08-024: Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution SQL Injection Vulnerability.
- BID-29198: Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution 'axengine.exe' SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2286: SQL injection vulnerability in axengine.exe in Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution 6.8.x and 6.9.x before 6.9.176 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via unspecified string fields in a notification packet.
- OSVDB ID: 45313: Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution Client Come-alive Packet Multiple Field SQL Injection
- SA30261: Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020024: Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution Lets Remote Users Inject SQL Commands and Local Users Obtain Elevated Privileges
- HP ProLiant Essentials Rapid Deployment Pack
- Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution 6.8
- Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution 6.9
May 14, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.