Citrix Presentation Server ICA protocol weak security
|citrix-presentationserver-ica-weak-security (42444)||Low Risk|
Citrix Presentation Server could provide weaker than expected security, caused be an error in the ICA protocol. The SecureICA and ICA Basic encryption methods could allow connections using lower than minimum configured encryption settings. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to launch further attacks against the system.
Refer to CTX114893 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- CTX114893: Vulnerability in Citrix Presentation Server could result in cryptographic settings not being correctly enforced.
- BID-29233: Citrix Presentation Server ICA Protocol Weak Encryption Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-2299: Unspecified vulnerability in SecureICA and ICA Basic encryption of Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and earlier, Access Essentials 2.0 and earlier, and Desktop Server 1.0 can cause clients to use weaker encryption settings than configured by the administrator, which might allow attackers to bypass intended restrictions.
- OSVDB ID: 45328: Citrix Presentation Server ICA Protocol Encryption Downgrade Weakness
- SA30271: Citrix Presentation Server Weakness and Unauthorised Access
- SECTRACK ID: 1020026: Citrix Presentation Server May Use a Weaker Encryption Algorithm
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1531: Citrix Presentation Server Cryptographic Settings Bypass Issue
- Citrix Access Essentials 1.0
- Citrix Access Essentials 1.5
- Citrix Access Essentials 2.0
- Citrix Desktop Server 1.0
- Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0
- Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5
May 12, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.