Mantis manage_user_create.php cross-site request forgery
|mantis-manageusercreate-csrf (42447)||Medium Risk|
Mantis is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the manage_user_create.php script. By persuading an authenticated victim with administrative privileges to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to cause the victim to perform arbitrary tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to create user accounts, perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
Upgrade to the latest version of Mantis (1.2.0a1 or later), available from the Mantis Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 20 2008 - 11:50:21 CDT: Mantis Bug Tracker 1.1.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Mantis Web site: Mantis Bug Tracker | Download.
- SourceForge.net: Files: Mantis - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 1.2.0a1.
- BID-29297: Mantis Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2276: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in manage_user_create.php in Mantis 1.1.1 allows remote attackers to create new administrative users via a crafted link.
- GLSA-200809-10: Mantis: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 45214: Mantis manage_user_create.php CSRF New User Creation
- SA30270: Mantis Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Gentoo Linux
- Mantis Mantis 1.1.1
May 15, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.