Cisco Service Control Engine (SCE) SSH login denial of service
|cisco-sce-sshlogin-dos (42565)||Medium Risk|
The Cisco Service Control Engine (SCE) is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified error during aggressive SSH login activity. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors to cause instability or cause the device to reload.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20080521-sce for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20080521-sce: Cisco Service Control Engine Denial of Service Vulnerabilities.
- BID-29316: Cisco Service Control Engine SSH Server Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- BID-29609: Icon Labs Iconfidant SSH Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0534: The SSH server in (1) Cisco Service Control Engine (SCE) before 3.1.6, and (2) Icon Labs Iconfidant SSH before 2.3.8, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device restart or daemon outage) via a high rate of login attempts, aka Bug ID CSCsi68582.
- OSVDB ID: 45686: Cisco Cisco Service Control Engine (SCE) SSH Engine Login Activity Unspecified Remote DoS
- SA30316: Cisco Service Control Engine SSH Server Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SA30590: Iconfidant SSH Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020074: Cisco Service Control Engine SSH Server Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service
- US-CERT VU#626979: Icon Labs SSH server vulnerabilities
- Cisco Service Control Engine 3.1.6
- Icon-Labs Iconfidant SSH 2.3.7
May 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this