Mozilla Firefox JSframe code execution
|mozilla-firefox-jsframe-code-execution (42589)||High Risk|
Mozilla Firefox could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a heap corruption error when handling JSframes. By persuading a victim to visit a Web site that invokes an empty applet after writing to an Iframe using the document.open, document.write, or document.close procedure, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to crash the browser and possibly execute arbitrary code.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Mozilla Web site: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable.
- The Hacker Webzine 21 05 08: Firefox Heap Corruption.
- BID-29318: Mozilla Firefox JSframe Heap Corruption Denial of Service Vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 45817: Mozilla Firefox JSframe write/close Sequence Iframe Manipulation Heap Corruption
- Mozilla Firefox 18.104.22.168
May 21, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.