Mambo index.php SQL injection
|mambo-index-sql-injection (42644)||Medium Risk|
Mambo is vulnerable to SQL injection. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the articleid or the mcname parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Mambo (4.6.4 or later), available from the Mambo Web site. See References.
- Mambo CMS Forum, 24-05-2008, 02:40 PM : Please upgrade your sites to Mambo 4.6.4.
- Mambo Web site: Mambo > Projects > Mambo CMS > Files > Browse Frs Package.
- BID-29373: Mambo Prior to 4.6.4 Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-2498: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in index.php in Mambo before 4.6.4, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) articleid and (2) mcname parameters. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 45593: Mambo index.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- SA30343: Mambo Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1660: Mambo Multiple Remote SQL and Header Injection Vulnerabilities
- Mambo Mambo 4.6.3
May 24, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.