Apple Mac OS X Wiki Server information disclosure
|macosx-wikiserver-information-disclosure (42727)||Low Risk|
Apple Mac OS X could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an error when Wiki Server is enabled. By accessing a nonexistent blog, an attacker could obtain local user names via error messages.
Apply Security Update 2008-003, available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of Security Update 2008-003 / Mac OS X 10.5.3.
- BID-29412: RETIRED: Apple Mac OS X 2008-003 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- BID-29511: Apple Mac OS X Wiki Server User Name Enumeration Weakness
- CVE-2008-1579: Wiki Server in Apple Mac OS X 10.5 before 10.5.3 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information (user names) by reading the error message produced upon access to a nonexistent blog.
- OSVDB ID: 45711: Apple Mac OS X Wiki Server Blog Request User Enumeration
- SA30430: Apple Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1020143: Apple Wiki Server Discloses Usernames to Remote Users
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-1697: Apple Mac OS X Command Execution and Security Bypass Issues
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.5
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.5.1
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.5.2
May 28, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.